Our mission is to assure that income-qualified homeowners, particularly seniors, persons with disabilities, or families with children live in warmth, safety, and independence. The following information will help you determine if you may be eligible and also provides some key information needed to complete the application process.
Please review application instructions closely and submit appropriate forms by mail, email, or fax. RTDC is a 501c3 nonprofit that receives funding, in part, from federal and local grants, community support, and donated volunteer labor and supplies. There is never a cost to eligible homeowners.
Rebuilding Day Program - The open application period for RTDC’s Rebuilding Day program is from May 1, 2021 through September 30, 2021.
This program focuses on critical repairs necessary to maintain a safe and healthy living environment, including, but not limited to: major accessibility modifications; plumbing, heating, cooling, and electrical system repairs; stair, roof, porch and other critical structural repairs. *Please note that mobile homes are only eligible for accessibility ramps through this service.
Handyman Program - RTDC’s handyman program accepts applications on a year-round basis, and provides timely small-scale repairs and safety and accessibility modifications. These repairs can typically be completed in four hours or less and include repairs such as grab bars, hand rails, improved lighting, minor accessibility modifications, and fire safety installations. *Please note that mobile homes are only eligible for fire safety installations through this program.
Home Safety and Fire Prevention Program - Our Home Safety program accepts applications year-round on a rolling basis, and installations for this program occur throughout the Summer and Fall. This application can be completed and submitted any time.
All applicants for Rebuilding Together Dutchess County Repair Programs must own and occupy a home located in Dutchess County, NY. Total gross income for the applicant household must not exceed 80% of the area median income. Qualification means that you meet our income and home ownership requirements; this does not mean you have been selected to receive services.
Rebuilding Day program ONLY: To qualify for large-scale repair services with RTDC, all of the following additional criteria must be met:
- Home value must not exceed $300,000 (if you are unsure, RTDC can help verify this value)
- Mortgage and property/school taxes up to date
- Homeowner’s insurance is up to date
- RTDC will serve the same homeowner once in a 5 year period and no more than twice total.
The Community Strong Program gives local non-profit community organizations the opportunity to apply for repair services and accessibility modifications through Rebuilding Together Dutchess County.
- The non-profit organization must be located in Dutchess County and the physical building/property should be owned by the applying non-profit organization. If the non-profit does not own the building for which they would like to apply for repairs services, they may request an exception to be reviewed and approved by RTDC Executive Committee.
- Qualifying non-profit organizations must need repairs that fall within RTDC’s mission of warm, safe, dry and independent to improve the quality of life, safety and security.
- Repairs must fall within the skill level of the volunteer work groups available. The project must be suitable for available volunteers to complete reasonably within a 1-day project.
- The program is designed for 501(c)3 organizations. If your organization is interested in our Community Strong program and you do not have a 501(c)3 status, please contact us.
For more information on our Community Strong Program, call the RTDC office at (845) 454-7310.