Our mission is to assure that low-income homeowners, particularly those who are elderly, with disabilities, or have school-aged children live in warmth, safety, and independence. The following information will help you determine if you may be eligible and also provides some key information needed to complete the application process.
To request home repairs for your home, please complete the Rebuilding Day Application. For questions about the application please contact us at (845)454-7310.
RTDC uses the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) County Median Income guideline to determine homeowner eligibility. In order to qualify for RTDC programs, the total household income must be 80% or below the Dutchess County Median Income Guidline.
|Household Size||80% of Median|
*The current U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development income eligibility limits for recipients of HOME and CDBG Funds. These limits are also used for homeowners in our program who do not receive HUD funding. HUD periodically changes these guidelines, typically in January or February and may do so for 2014. Any increase or decrease will be taken into consideration when determining final eligibility for all applications.
- Applicants must own and reside in the home requiring repairs
- The homes must be free of liens other than mortgages or home equity loans
- If there is a mortgage, it must be current with no missed payments in the past 12 months
- The home/property appraisal value cannot be greater than $239,859 after repairs
- Property and school taxes must not be deliquent
- The homeowner may not have a bankruptcy filing in the past 12 months
- Single family, multi family, condos and townhomes are eligible. Mobile homes must be located on property owned by the homeowner
- Homeowners who have been served by RTDC in the past, must wait 5 years prior to reapplying and may only be served a total of two times
- The homeowner must maintain homeowner's insurance
- The homeowner is expected to reside in the home for a minimum of two years following the repair
*Qualification means that you meet our income and home ownership requirements: this does not mean you have been selected to receive services
If you qualify, you will be contacted by an inspector and a previewer who will want to set up one or more appointments at your home to discuss the program with you, as well as to look at your home to determine what work needs to be completed to make your home warm, safe, and dry. Once all qualified homeowners have had their homes inspected, a committee will review all of the applicants and select the homes to be repaired on the April and October Rebuilding Days. Unfortunately, not all homes can be selected.
NOTE: We accept application on a rolling basis year round.