We are continually overwhelmed by the generosity of our volunteers - without them we would not be able to make such a difference in our community. They come from all types of backgrounds, but with one mission: to change lives and communities for the better.
Nominate a Friend for an Outstanding Volunteer Award!
Do you know an outstanding individual that has donated their time to volunteering for Rebuilding Together Dutchess County? We have three opportunities for you to nominate them and recognize their selfless efforts:
1. The Ron Stein Volunteer of the Year Award The intent of the Ron Stein Volunteer of the Year Award is to recognize an individual or individuals who have made significant contributions to the organization through their volunteer service. Nominees have provided an exceptional level of support, activity, commitment and/or leadership over an extended period of time.
2. The Tradesperson of the Year Award The intent of the Tradesperson of the Year Award is to recognize a person or team who has provided a high level of support or activity to the organization through their trade or special skill.
3. Rookie of the Year Award The intent of the Rookie of the Year Award is to recognize a person or team that has been involved with Rebuilding Together Dutchess County for the first time in the last 12 months and who has demonstrated great enthusiasm, skill, and devotion to their respective project.
Upcoming Opportunities - We need your help!
We are very excited to be attending several community outreach events this summer, but we need your help to further our impact in Dutchess County! Events such as fairs, festivals, and picnics help us to spread the word about our organization and to educate individuals who may not be aware of our services. This is a great opportunity to dedicate time to a local organization serving our neighbors in need!
If you are interested in volunteering for RTDC at any of the events below, please sign up here. (*Note, we use one application for all volunteers - including home repair volunteers, please fill in the application to the best of your knowledge)
Senior Picnics (6/3/2015 - 8/26/2015)
RTDC will be tabling at twelve Dutchess County senior picnics. Picnic locations vary, all picnics are on Wednesdays. Volunteer hours will be 11:30AM to 1:30PM. If you are interested in this opportunity, please select "Outreach Event - Senior Picnics" under the "project" drop-down.
Dutchess County Fair (8/25/2015 - 8/30/2015)
RTDC will have a booth this year at the Dutchess County Fair, August 25th-30th. There are several time shifts available for volunteers; 9:30AM - 2:00PM, 2:00PM - 6:30PM, or 6:30PM - 10:30PM.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please select "Outreach Event - Dutchess County Fair" under the "project" drop-down. Please specify in the "I prefer to work with the following group or person" box which shift you would like.
All volunteers will...
- be assigned a four hour time slot
- receive a free one-day pass to the fair
- undergo training prior to the event
Arlington Street Fair (9/19/2015)
RTDC will be attending the 2015 Arlington Street Fair on Raymond Avenue on Saturday 9/19/15 from 12-6PM. Volunteer shifts are from 11:15AM to 6:00PM. If you are interested in this opportunity, please select "Outreach Event - Arlington Street Fair" under the "project" drop-down.
Hyde Park’s Day Fall Fest (9/26/2015)
RTDC will be attending Hyde Park’s Day Fall Fest at Hackett Hill Park, Saturday 9/26/15 from 1-5PM. Volunteer Shifts will be 12:15PM to 5PM. If you are interested in this opportunity, please select "Outreach Event - Hyde Park Day Fall Fest" under the "project" drop-down.
Your Help Matters.
Rebuilding Together Dutchess County preserves homeownership for our neighbors in need, especially the elderly, disabled, and veterans by making essential repairs and modifications at no cost. But, none of that is possible without YOU. Volunteers are the backbone of Rebuilding Together and everybody on the worksite contributes greatly to the success of the workday. There is always plenty to do for all of our volunteers regardless of skill set. However, if a house needs plumbing, electrical work, a new roof or heating system, we rely on the generosity of very skilled volunteers.
We need your help with community events throughout the year. Volunteers can make a life-changing difference for someone who is unaware of our services. We are always looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help further the mission of RTDC.
Some Fun Reasons You Should Volunteer:
- Helping others.
- Making new friends.
- Building self-confidence.
- Gaining personal growth.
- Giving something back to the community.
- Sharing talents, abilities, and experiences.
- Learning new skills.
Anyone 16 years of age or older who has the desire to help. No special skills required - you will be teamed up with a skilled House Captain for your project. Skilled volunteers typically take leadership roles on our projects and are essential to our success.
Help make cost-free repairs to the homes of our low-income, elderly, and physically challenged neighbors.
Our largest projects occur on our Rebuilding Days on the last Saturday of April and fourth Saturday in October. These projects are designed to be a one-day commitment. Up to 20 projects may be scheduled on a single Rebuilding Day.
Please join our email list (to the right) to hear about volunteer opportunities and receive our e-newsletter.
To register as a volunteer for 2015 Fall Rebuilding Day please reach out to your House Captain or Volunteer Coordinator directly.